I completely agree with Barkely R and feel the same way. Note, nobody can stop
anybody to write on any topic on this medium. If you are interested in
something different than LTV, go ahead and write. Who can stop you. And if you
write interesting stuff, may be other people will join you (including me) and
we will have a discussion going. Remember, I contributed a lot to NAFTA, the
so called "real world" debate. But if you want to impose the anti-intellectual
culture of a segment of the left, we are not going to keep quiet. Last time
when the whole criticism of excess verbiage came up, I stoped writing for some
time. And then there was a talk of pen-l suddenly dying. The critics of the
esoteric don't seem to have much of their own to talk about. They seem to be
passive consumers who would like us (who put an effort and write something) to
write something they are interested in consuming. But this is the medium for
producers folks. I have enjoyed Barkely's contributions, both on AD debate as
well as LTV, and it would be a shame if he stops writing on pen.

                                        Cheers, Ajit Sinha