I'm afraid Cox and Alm are pretty hopeless. I debated Cox (and was called a
Communist by him) on NPR a couple of months, and he's a pure, free-market
ideologue. The New York Times op-ed piece from which this quote comes
typifies their approach. Rather than treating education and inequality as
intertwined variables, they contend that inequality has not risen because
inequality has risen, but because the citizens of some states have more
education than others.

A counter op-ed piece, yes, but no letter or critique will get through to
these lunkheads.

Joel Blau