Capitalism need not encourage change.  Capitalism could be appropriated
(harnessed is a better term) to serve "conservative" interests.  But then
again "conservatism" is being seen through "liberal" lens.  In the US
conservatism is closely tied to capitalism and in non-western societies
with pre-capitalist relations, or whatever is left of it.  In other
words, feminism as praxis must account for these variations
(articulations, distortions, or plain simple "unfolding" of social
formations).  This means that feminist praxis will also vary, being
subject to local political economy.  Therefore, one set of feminist
progressivist ideas need not be so in another context simply because
there is a mismatch between institutions and what social forces actually
demand.  Can this be interpreted as a "disagreement."

Anthony D'Costa