There might be a better spin on the "hyperactive monkeys" analogy
about urban youth (though  I hate any animal analogies about people
especially about minorities).  Awhile back they did experiments on
normally calm rats (and  also monkeys, I believe). Crowding them
together led to a dramatic  rise  in anti-social behavior.  So one
might conclude that the problem is not the rats or the monkeys but
their environment.

Unfortunately, the political & intellectual establishments, including
Mr. Bill,  don't follow that interpretation. But it's a point against
them.

in pen-l solidarity,

Jim Devine   BITNET: jndf@lmuacad.   INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Econ. Dept., Loyola Marymount Univ., Los Angeles, CA 90045-2699 USA
310/338-2948 (off); 310/202-6546 (hm); FAX: 310/338-1950