I wonder if list members realize that one of the more prominent centers of
"heterodox" economics in the US, viz. New York's own "New School", has
also been flooded with Soros money in recent years.  I even heard just some
months ago that a program was being set up there with funding from both
the USIA (plausible) and USAID (less plausible, but my informant insisted).
Sorry, I don't have further details.  But I'm afraid there's plenty of
deprogramming that has to be undertaken on the domestic front. I suspect too
that it is not only the economic "orthodoxy" which is receiving support
from such sources.  But perhaps it is better to leave that thought........

John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]