I disagree with Bill Mitchell's statment that environmental
considerations mean the abolition of poverty is impossible.
The physical resources of the Earth may be finite but technological
development is not.  New technologies being developed will allow
for more efficient use of resources, resources can be stretched
with recycling, totally new kinds of renewable sources of energy,
food, and materials created.  Secondly, why should we be limited to
the Earth?  Let's utilize space!  The space program has been at a
standstill because of the capitalist quick-buck mentality.  We need
to get into space, if the human race is not to be wiped out by next
really big asteroid or comet that hits the Earth.  Let not put all
our eggs into one planet, OK?

-Andy English