The FIRE boom did drive up costs, but the real estate glut helped keep
them down. Meanwhile, social decay and the lack of a skilled labor force
make it more difficult to do business here. Giuliani's cutbacks will only
worsen this situation.

Treacy: You have hit the nail on the head here!  The NYC public schools had
        large vocational programs in woodworking for many years after they had
        no such industry in the city. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Doug

Doug Henwood [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Left Business Observer
212-874-4020 (voice)