Sure its good for employers to have more applicants than
vacancies.  But I'm not sure even employers really want to
see a ten to one ratio!

Treacy: Friday's Population column in the Wall Street Journal carried word about
        a U.S. Cenus Bureau report that found in 1993 that the age 25-34 group
        had a lower ratio of both high school grads and college grads than the
        35-44 age group.  This suggests that the younger members of the work
        force are not as well education as the older age cohort groups.

        This might also mean we now have lots of students who diddle around at
        being students rather than finish formal education.  This might mean we
        should look at some of the reforms that have been implemented in Danish
        Higher Education which recently has put testing points and time limits
        for completion of degrees. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Michael

--
Michael J. Brun ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
408 W. Elm, #3, Urbana, IL 61801, USA,  (217) 344-5961