Thanks, Justin Schwartz, for your response - I shall certainly try to
get hold of 'The Difference Engine'.  But at the risk of seeming
pedantic, a capitalist-without-qualification is someone who pursues
the accumulation of money capital, regardless of what intervenes
between the initial M and the expanded M'.  In addition, Keynes was a
substantial investor in shares, other securities and real estate - by no
means only a 'currency speculator'.  He was also a company director -
one of the insurance companies as I recall.

Hugo Radice