At 6:02 PM 1/22/96, Richard Ira Lavine wrote:

>I thought maybe this list would have some ideas......

Here's one. An agency within his department, the BLS, projects that most of
the new employment growth over the next decade will be in the classic
postindustrial shit job category - guards, orderlies, etc. So why does he
persist in saying that the key to a prosperous future is training everyone
to be a symbolic analyst? And given that job picture, what does he
recommend to boost low-end earnings and reduce social polarization, which
he actually seems to care about?

Doug

--

Doug Henwood