Terry defines exploitation as the exploitation of labor. This makes it
true by definition that corn, iron, etc. cnnot be exploited, but begs the
question posed by the general exploittaion theorem in a gross and obvious way.

He also insists that labor power is not a commodity in Marx's model. This
is wrong. See, e.g., Capital I, chap. 6 ("The sale and purchase of labor
power."): "The possessor of money does find such a special commodity on
the market: the capacity for labor, in other words, labor power" (Penguiin
ed., p, 270). In fact it is absolutely crucial to Marx's model that labor
power be a commodity on the market like any other (except that M thinks it
has the special feature that it produces more value that is required to
produce it). The value of labor power is the wage, in the model. What is
determined by class struggl and the rate of exploitation is not this, at
least not in the first approximation, but the amount of surplus value or
profit (identitical for rough purposes and in first approximation).

--Justin