-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jim Devine
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 4:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PEN-L:16212] Re: RE: executive committee

At 03:54 PM 2/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The Virginia school is not the beginning and end
>of public choice theory.  For instance, there is
>a median voter theory that explains how, under
>completely fantastical conditions, the median
>voter is decisive in electoral matters....

in the Krugman column that Louis pointed us to read, PK talks as if the
median voter actually is decisive!

I'd say that the median dollar invested in a two-person race is decisive.
Or at least that's a better first approximation than the median-voter rule.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://liberalarts.lmu.edu/~jdevine