What do you mean by political economy was rescued from the left by James Buchanan and the Virginia School.

Warm regards
George Pennefather

Be free to check out our Communist Think-Tank web site at
http://homepage.eircom.net/~beprepared/

Be free to subscribe to our Communist Think-Tank mailing community by
simply placing subscribe in the body of the message at the following address:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

?

In the new Princeton University Press economics catalogue, they are featuring a new book by Allan Drazen entitled Political Economy in Macroeconomics. Does anyone know anything about this book? Does it represent an attempt to reclaim "political economy" from the left?

I don't know that book (and would be interested in hearing about it), but political economy was "rescued" from the left a long time ago, by people like James Buchanan and the Virginia school.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://liberalarts.lmu.edu/~jdevine