>Dow Jones Industrial Average:
>
>9/29   362.4
>4/55   425.7
>1/60   622.6
>1/80   875.9
>2/00   9862.1

What is the point of this, Doug? The article I posted was actually very
much in the spirit of what you have been saying and writing over the years
as in the sentence: "In certain respects, the controls over today’s market
are stronger than those of the twenties. Curbs on margin buying, while they
may not slow down a rise in the market, help to slow down a falling market,
because shareholders will not be wiped out as quickly if they have more
cash behind their holdings." I guess you are so used to thinking of
Marxists as "catastrophists" that when they say something that doesn't jibe
with your expectations, you can't even recognize it.

Louis Proyect