>    Naming calling lets off frustration, but silencing an "opponent" is
>a pretty hollow victory. And advances the cause not at all.
>    And then, there are those who delight in disrupting left discourse,
>with shouting denunciations of ill defined crimes, that the perpetrator
>couldn't possible understand or avoid.
>
>Rod

This is not about "name-calling". It is about whether the Asiatic Mode of
Production is a valid scientific view or something mired in Eurocentric
conceptions of the early 19th century. The whole point of Frank's
scholarship (and Blaut's) is to refute this theory and the generally
inaccurate--and often racist--world view it is built on. Let me repeat.
This is about the Asiatic Mode of Production, not "political correctness".

Louis Proyect