Given the large number of communications that I have received, both
privately and on pen-l, I have asked Shawgi to discontinue posting to
pen-l.

I do not take these decisions lightly.  I realize that we are walking a
fine line, but I continue to hold to the idea that pen-l is a space that
should be as useful and enjoyable as possible.

Shawgi is the first person (of 5 I think so far) of those who have been
excluded, whose political views pretty well fit with that of pen-l, even
though his style might have been out of synch.

I hope that I have made the right decision.
 --
Michael Perelman
Economics Department

Tel. 916-898-5321