Fikret Ceyhun wrote:

>         The other day I was at my dentist's office for checkup and
> cleaning. As the dental assistant was scraping my teeth I was thinking: is
> she blue collar or white collar worker? I know she is "unproductive"
> worker. Can someone care to comment?

(1) The color of a person's collar (blue, white, pink) does not determine
whether one's labour is productive or unproductive [of surplus value].

(2) Why do you "know" she is an unproductive worker?  She's not working
for the state and being paid out of state revenues (unless there are
state-run dental services in North Dakota). She's not part of management,
is she? Her labour isn't for the purposes of realizing surplus value (e.g.
advertising), is it?

Jerry