A futher point that begs mentioning on the relation between technology
and teen pregnancy is the gender specificity of the technological answer
being given. If I were a responsible young male with access to health
care, the best (morally -well besides abstinance- and least
physically harmful) technological response would be to get a vasectomy at
age 15 or so and have it reversed once I got married. It would be simple,
inexpensive, incur the least risk to the participants, and have an
unbeatable pregnancy prevention rate. But then again, society as is has
been and still is puts the burden of accommodation on the backs of women.

Jeff Fellows