Max S. suggests "more sex with immigrants" as one way to solve
the US Social Security system's demographic problem. This seems a
good idea (as is sex in general), but it's got to be without the
use of birth control.

Getting beyond such frivolity, the point which I should have made
clearer was that there has to be some sort of link between
contributions to SS or pension funds or private savings and
increasing labor productivity (defined in an
environmentally-friendly way). That link isn't automatic, even
with (or especially with) private saving.

>> it's hard to see the green agenda holding up before the gale
forces of social insurance/tax politics.<<

if it doesn't (and it sure looks as if environmentalism is
collapsing), we're going to be in even bigger environmental
trouble than we are now.

in pen-l solidarity,

Jim Devine   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Econ. Dept., Loyola Marymount Univ.
7900 Loyola Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045-8410 USA
310/338-2948 (daytime, during workweek); FAX: 310/338-1950
"It takes a busload of faith to get by." -- Lou Reed.

I bet I'm aging faster than you are, Max. ;-)