today's column [May 17, 2000] is a case where PK is accurate, applying
economic logic where it's appropriate (criticizing George W. Bush's
proposal to put Social Security dollars into the stock market. This is a
big improvement over trying to prove that he's superior to all those folks
who disagree with him ("What a Hack") or waving the we-hate-the-French flag
or endorsing PNTR with China for merely rhetorical reasons. We can hope
that he's turned over a new leaf, favoring substance over style...
Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] & http://liberalarts.lmu.edu/~JDevine