I don't know anything about the Austrian School bit.  Sympathy for
English liberalism would indeed be surprising, since it goes against the
grain of everything Foucault had written.  As you know, he spends a lot
of time both in Discipline and Punish and in the History of Sexuality V1
describing the way enlightenment thought was used to codify inappropriate
behavior and create acceptable boundaries of social discourse and acceptable
notions of freedom -- in effect, taking away freedom in the name of
liberty -- that would continue current relations of power.

Foucault never held the state as a center of power above, say,
psychoanalytic terminology; while, in Discipline and Punish, he is
talking about the way state power is used to imprison people, he does
not view the state as using behavioral psychology any more than
behavioral psychology using the state.  One could, indeed, do a
Foucauldian analysis of the discourse of the market and talk about how
neoclassical notions of freedom -- the ability of individuals to buy and
sell at prices they desire -- were created by those with property and
defined explicitly so that the dscourse of property would not be
questioned.  Given that Foucault was a Marxist earlier in his life, it
would be amazing if he did not see this.

Do you know what Miller was referring to?

Curious,
Tavis