At 09:44 AM 2/24/97 -0800, Lynn Turgeon wrote:

>       Heclaimed a consensus exists in Russia which opposes the extension of
>NATO to include Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary. If pursued by the West,
>it would break down the existing balance of power and encourage a push towards
>a military solution by the worst elements within Russia itself. He clearly
>identified with George Kennan's recent warning on the Op-Ed page of the NYT.
>Because of the hardshipand death brought about by the Nazi attack in 1941
>onevery Russian family, including his own, Zyuganov's moderation disappeared on
>this subject.

Had Stalin preferred a more moderate position, say, one closer to that of
Neville Chamberlain (what a great moderate he was!), we would be saluting
the Nazi flag today.  As for myself, I prefer a strong Russia, even if that
means Zyuganov or even another Stalin as her president -- that would make
our so-called "elected representatives" listen to our concern instead of
pursuing a new world order.  IMHO, American liberals should kiss the soil
where Stalin is buried, for if it were not for him, the New Deal they are so
proud of would be just another raw deal a la welfare "reform" dished out by
Southern boll weevils in Washington oligarchy.

That brings us to the following multiple-choice question:

How would the American society look like today, if the growing power of the
USSR and her efforts to "export revolution" did not scare the shit out of
the Washington oligarchy?

We would have:
a) military oligarchy a la Guatemala & El Salvador
b) debt slavery a la India
c) race relations a la South Africa
d) social safety net a la Wild West
e) religious freedom a la Iran
f) class structure a la Brazil
g) all of the above

wojtek sokolowski
institute for policy studies
johns hopkins university
baltimore, md 21218
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice: (410) 516-4056
fax:   (410) 516-8233

**** REDUCE MENTAL POLLUTION - LOBOTOMIZE PUNDITS! ****
|Wenn ich Kultur hoere, entsichere ich meinen Browning.|
|                                         -Hanns Johst |
|When I hear "family values," I reach for my revolver. |
|                        (no apologies to Hanns Johst) |