I just heard on the news that the New York City's New Democrat candidate
against Giulliani (what's her face?) got her ass kicked and failed to win
her party's nomination.  The stumbling block was that she was endorsed by
the police "unions" and that support backfired after the recent revelations
of NYPD use of torture.

That sounds like music to my ears, because while I disagree with Republican
politics, I cannot blame them for hypocrisy -- they do not hide that they
represent white suburbanite and corporate interests only.  As for New
Democrats, they also represent white suburbanite and corporate only -- yet
they hypocritically pretend to represent the poor, disadvantaged, etc.  That
makes them more dangerous than GOP, because they sing the song their
constituents want to hear to get elected, and then pull a clinton.

It looks like for more years of Giulliani -- which might not be a bad thing
after all, beacuse it will be a lot easier to mobilise people against that
cockroach than against a "bleeding heart" New Democrat.

Any comments?

wojtek sokolowski
institute for policy studies
johns hopkins university
baltimore, md 21218
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice: (410) 516-4056
fax:   (410) 516-8233

POLITICS IS THE SHADOW CAST ON SOCIETY BY BIG BUSINESS. AND AS LONG AS THIS
IS SO, THE ATTENUATI0N OF THE SHADOW WILL NOT CHANGE THE SUBSTANCE.
- John Dewey