Michael,
    True, but this really relates to the broader question
of the employment impacts of more stringent environmental
controls (assuming that alternative schemes that are being
compared are reasonably put together, not a comparison with
"ideal taxes" versus some scam-ridden permit scheme or vice
versa).
     There is a lot of evidence both internationally and at
the state level that overall there is a positive
relationship between economic performance, including
employment, and strict environmental policies.  I even
testified before a committee of the Virginia legislature on
this very point (our recent governor, George Allen, was an
environmental abomination, and "doing it to helpe
business") and have some sources on this, although former
pen-ler (possibly still current) Eban Goodstein is much
more up on this than I am for anybody who wants a
follow-through.
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley