On Wed, January 7, 1998 at 22:45:13 (-0800) [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>> Perhaps given the best opportunities people will choose to work in the
>> sex industry.  Perhaps given a better world, people will freely trade
>> sex in whatever democratic utopia we create.
>>

>"freely trading" does not sound like prostitution to me.

Of course not, why should it?  My question was (you didn't answer my
other ones --- why not?), why is it so unreasonable to assume that sex
work is just as good as any other in principle?

Why should it be deprecated any more than any other work done under
conditions of legal exploitation?  If the working conditions are safe,
if the work is as "freely" chosen as any other within our society, why
should we care?

Bill