Most of the "Simple rules, complex systems"  school actually ignore the fundamentals
of complexity theory.  Cyberlibertarians may think of Godel's incompleteness theorem
as old hat now that it's no longer a favorite plaything of the nuagers, but it
remains rather essential to the particular types of analysis they try to do. Once
systems grow beyond a certain level of complexity, there is no static set of rules
which can completely define them.  Your system will have problems or questions which
exist within it, and which have solutions or answers, but which the system is not
capable  of solving or answering. (I suppose I could be kind to the dialeticians on
this list and refer to these as contradictions, but since I'm fundamentally
mean-spirited --  I won't.) Further, when you discover the correct answer to one of
these problems or question outside your complex system, and forcibly incorporate it
into the system  as a new axiom or fundamental  premise or radical reform, immedi!
ately new problems or questions of the same type emerge.  In other words if you are
analyzing -- say economics or politics or society -- as  a dynamic evolving complex
system generated by  rules, then the rules themselves will always be dynamic, evolving
and ever changing.

Again this is separate from any acceptance or rejection of the usefulness applying
cybernetics and complexity theory to politial economy. If it is a useful thing to do,
the cyberlibertarians are doing it wrong . And they are wrong  in a fundamental way ,
which ignores the basic well established tenets of the mathematical methods they claim
to  use.