> My impression is that the Irish are underpricing the rest of
> the EU in labor and other costs and benefiting for that reason,
> thus for them in particular a lowering of trade barriers will help
> more than hurt.
>
> MBS

Max, aren't there one or two other issues of relevance in discussing the
EMU other than whether one country or another will do relatively better
vis-a-vis the others?

What about social policy and the role of the Bundesbank in imposing
neoliberalism as the core of the European framework?

(Sorry to keep bringing up this distasteful subject.)

Cheers,

Sid