In a message dated 98-04-07 23:02:42 EDT, nathan newman writes:

<< I'm less excited than interested in it as a piece of evidence on the
 conservative divisions that are growing and paralyzing much of the rightwing
 agenda.

 I also happen to think that Buchanan is one of the more honest conservatives,
 however lothesome his beliefs.  He has become no less conservative, just
evolved
 into a different species than the liberatarian globalists that came to
dominate
 the Republicans under Reagan.

I wonder how much of this latest version of Buchananism is related to the
problems of Reaganism and/or thatcherism, and how much to the tremendous
approval the Democrats have been receiving for an expanding economy.

maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]