Good review, Mark!  You've sold one.

And congratulations, Michael.  I agree with every word Mark says you say -
the commodification of information may yet attain undreamed-of proportions,
I think.  The citizen has become the consumer, democracy the market,
uncodified information codified and privatised, and the ties that bind us
torn from us to be divided up between Bills and Ruperts.  There's an
inbuilt crunch in all this, but one senses bad years lie before us as
capitalism insists on chasing down those errant externalities until all is
capital and nothing anything else.

Having captured us as individuals, capitalism now begins to capture the
relationships that constitute us.  I suppose the idea is to make sure the
forces of production actually become the same thing as the relations of
production.  Bingo, the end of history, eh?

Can't see it meself ...

Cheers,Rob.