This doesn't seem like a joke.  The elderly eating cat food are much better
off since the free market produced gourmet cat food.  We might as well
admit that innovation brings benefits.  Of course the gourmet variety is
more expensive, but that only adds to consumer choice.  All to the good.
And if the Social Security System is allowed to benefit from gigantic gains
in the stock market, more of the elderly will be able to choose gourmet.

        Gene Coyle