I've been asked the following question re Southern California Edison, a
California electric utility which has operations in Australia, is building
coal plants in Indonesia and Thailand, and other plants around the world.

>Edison says, in its lliterature, that it is the first fossil-fuel plant in
>the world to receive accreditation under both iso 14001, a rigorous
>international environmental standard, and iso9001, a certification for
>operations and maintenance.
>
>is this significant? what does it mean?

        I don't know the "ISO" rules and what they mean.  Can anyone help,
particularly on the environmental standard part of the question.  Is
iso14001 equal to, say, USA standards, better, worse?  How does it compare
with a better European country?

Gene Coyle