>Tom Walker wrote:

>things. Redeploying the clinical diagnostic terms from their use as
>labels >for individuals to a broader critique of collective pathology is
about as >far from "anti-disabled thinking" as I can imagine.

"Collective pathology" is a politically suspect term to accept.
Not ony it has been strategically used to label and criminalize certain
races (so called _backward, irrational, non- white peoples_), but also
been instrumental in safeguarding the ideology of racism for the benefit
of American jingoism!! The concept itself has fascist connotations,
however used liberally!

Mine Doyran
SUNY/Albany