I mean to read your cover story, "The Prison-Industrial Complex,"
closely and end-to-end, but right now I'd like to point out
a factor that I think has been overlooked (after hearing you
on three talk shows).

For the sake of skimming a few hundred bucks per shaved head
myopic fools are currently making Wisconsin the country's top
inmate-exporter: shipping small-time offenders from a rather
provincial prison system to places very likely to house people
from all over the US, and even from abroad.
Hence the Wisconsin boys are not only being enrolled in "schools
for crime," as you mention, but will graduate and return home
as _members of far-reaching criminal networks_.
In a debased manner Siberia's role in the Russian Revolution is
being played by this corrupt administrative practice, connecting
the radicalized and the dispossessed from all across a vast empire.

While crime is not revolution, one can still hope for some feedback
from the law of unintended consequences.

                                                   valis
                                                   Occupied America

           -- The highest honor the US government
              can bestow is a charge of sedition --