In a message dated 7/12/00 4:48:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Originally, I'd say that Analytical Marxism was a kind of Marxism, one
 responding to dissatisfaction with both the "orthodox" Marxism of the 2nd &
 3rd Internationals and Althusserian structuralist Marxism. But combining
 Marxist propositions with the narrow-minded method of orthodox mainstream
 social science was like mixing oil and water, so the two parted. I guess
 the exception would be people like Bob Brenner, who as an historian is
 always focused on the empirical world and so didn't get lost in mainstream
 social science. (Of course, I can't say I agree with everything he says).

What about Erik Wright? David Schweickart? Or even me, in my own small,
narrowminded way? --jks