On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yoshie, you asked me a while ago how I planned to get support for
> antiimperialism. I said, organize, agitate, join groups, propagandize, etc. I
> belong to Solidarity, the NLG. I write acdemic papers. I engage in thsi sort
> of discussion. I do strike support work. In other words, the usual drill. If
> I knew something better, I would tell you. I would not keep in a secret. The
> difference is, I am struggoing for something intelligible and demonstrably
> superior to what we have. You and much of the far left are not, and taht is
> part of our problem. People don't believe you have anything better, and they
> are right.
> --jks

It seems we might do well to keep in mind that much of what goes on on
these lists are disagreements between people who are committed to struggle
at most of the levels it takes place. We on this list know should know
that Justin is a quite committed human being and committed to activism
just as we should also know that Yoshie is quite committed to activist
work, in addition to all else that she is doing. Then what we have left
are debates over theoretical issues and no need to remind others that we
are engaging in x, y, or z type of activity.

Steve