If Serb forces in Kosovo use  ethnic Albanians as human shields
and park tanks by historic sites
etc. what does NATO do? Cleanse Kosovo of both Serbs and their
history, and the remaining Albanians?
         After all this bombing in the name of stopping
atrocities, there is absolutely nothing that has been done to
stop or prevent any atrocities. If and when the bombing stops, it
is clear that the cleansing and
any atrocities found have already been committed since high tech
bombing did zilch to stop them. The moral argument that has force
here is not that we must intervene because horrible things are
happening but that  we have an obligation not to make a bad
situation worse. I have yet to see any coherent counter argument
to the moral claim that the bombing is not justified because it
has made a bad situation worse.
What I keep hearing is more reports of atrocities. We couldn't
just stand by and let this happen. We
must prevent and stop  these atrocities. We must hold Milosevic
reponsible for these war crimes, blah , blah. All wholly
irrelevant, and clear refusals to even address the argument I
just presented. Indeed,
even if only some of the reports are true they show not the
policy works but that it doesn't work.
Of course Nathan is not here to remind us that the bombing may
have actually replaced genocide with ethnic cleansing. I was
hoping he could explain that to us but now he has left. By the
way doesn't the DSA
document agree that the bombing is not justified that what is
needed are ground troops? I was going
to ask Nathan about that too. He seemed to support the bombing
and the DSA document.

   Cheers, Ken Hanly

P.S. When I used my bookmark for Serb-Info today I got a UK
company that makes web pages. Is that a result of the bombing
last night or is it just a fluke? The Belgrade University Link is
still functioning.