--------------E6A8B95E45B5A6E426EFC7E1

I haven't used this one yet, but it looks promising: Arthur S.
Goldberger's "Intro' Econometrics" (Harvard U. Press, 1998) looks short
& sweet.

Cheers -- Eric Schutz

Barnet Wagman wrote:

>  It's been quite a while since I taught econometrics, but Studenmund
> (sic?)  used to be far and way the clearest undergraduate text
> available.
>
> Peter Dorman wrote:
>
>> I will be supervising an independent study next term and need to
>> assign
>> an undergraduate econometrics text.  Any recommendations for
>> something
>> not too difficult, with exercises for the student to work on, etc?
>> He
>> will be taking a "real" metrics course next year in grad school, so
>> all
>> that's needed is the foundation.  Thanks.
>>
>> Peter
>
> ---------------------------
>
> Barnet Wagman
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>

> --------------------------

--------------E6A8B95E45B5A6E426EFC7E1

<HTML>
I haven't used this one yet, but it looks promising: Arthur S. Goldberger's
"Intro' Econometrics" (Harvard U. Press, 1998) looks short &amp; sweet.

<P>Cheers -- Eric Schutz

<P>Barnet Wagman wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>&nbsp;It's been quite a while since I taught econometrics,
but Studenmund (sic?)&nbsp; used to be far and way the clearest undergraduate
text&nbsp; available.

<P>Peter Dorman wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>I will be supervising an independent study next term
and need to assign
<BR>an undergraduate econometrics text.&nbsp; Any recommendations for something
<BR>not too difficult, with exercises for the student to work on, etc?&nbsp;
He
<BR>will be taking a "real" metrics course next year in grad school, so
all
<BR>that's needed is the foundation.&nbsp; Thanks.

<P>Peter</BLOCKQUOTE>

Barnet Wagman</PRE>

<PRE>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

&nbsp;</BLOCKQUOTE>