Lou,

I'm just recovering from a migraine and can't read this too carefully,
but
it seems to me that you are suggesting that the readers of a book review

should already have read the book. This seems bizarre. You also seem
to think that only books the editor of a journal has read should be
reviewed. This too seems bizarre. If I have already read a book, I
want articles, not reviews. I read reviews of books I haven't read, &
I expect them to make sense without reading the book -- in fact their
purpose is to help me decide if I want to read the book or not.

I may have misunderstood your post -- but the points I have made
are true in principle whether or not they apply to your post.

Carrol