From: Charles Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, May 27, 1999 2:06 PM
Subject: [PEN-L:7319] Re: Harvey

>Rectilinearity or Cartesian coordinates as the abstract real property grid
across all of North America (lots and sublots, quarter sections on plats)
is a specific way in which European conception of land differed from many
indigenous peoples'conceptions of land thereby becoming an obstacle to a
meeting of the minds in contracts or treaties for sale of land between the
two cultures upon contact.