Michael:
>Louis, I don't always agree with our friend from JHU, but I think that
>you are going a bit over the top on this.  If you look at the corporate
>connections of my employers, you would not find a pretty picture.  Maybe
>Columbia is more pure.
>
>Even Ricardo is talking nice now about Jim B.  So let's try to keep this
>as convivial as possible.

I won't say another word about this, but I was shocked personally to
discover that Wojtek was a paid researcher for an outfit that is basically
has the same relation to big Capital as the liberal missionary groups
depicted in "Thy Will be Done". In the 1930s, the Rockefeller Foundation
deployed liberal Christian missionary groups in Latin America to placate
the masses. In exchange for vaccinations, literacy programs and free
breakfasts, the poor people of Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Ecuador lost
control of their petroleum. These back-stabbing NGO's that the Johns
Hopkins IPS are paid to research and promote have the same exact social and
economic function in backward countries today. I'd personally rather eat
dog shit than write policy papers for this outfit the way that Wojtek does,
but that's my final word on the subject.

Louis Proyect