I have just opened up Sen's book, Development as Freedom.  He proposes one
type of freedom, where people are given the opportunity through education, a
good environment .....  Milton Friedman proposes another type of freedom.

I disagree with Friedman, but I don't think that he makes an error.
Instead,
he has a different vision of the world than I do.   Yes, he does make many
errors.  His Monetary History book is filled with problems.  His colleagues
Harry Johnston and Don Patinkin have called him a crook, but he could
elminate these errors without changing his overall view.
--------

A crook or a crank?  And why?

mbs