I don't usually disagree with Jim, but here I do not.  I suspect that
relatively few antisemites would have supported Gore unless he put a Buchanan
on the ticket.  Lieberman gives Gore cover from Clinton.  What was his wife's
record in the anti-trust field?  Wasn't she pretty weak?

Lieberman is to the right of Gore.  Just another example of trashing his base,
while currying favor with his natural enemies.  Isn't that the operating
procedure of the New Dems.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department