Stretton's book is interesting but very idiosyncratic -- not suitable for the
sort of course I want to teach.  For me, there are two things I'm trying to
accomplish, to improve student's understanding of how economies work, and to
increase their ability to critique mainstream economics as an intellectual and
political force.  That's why I'm happy to use an orthodox text, as long as it
isn't too counterproductive pedagogically.

Peter