Actually I would say that treating classism as just another factor to
be considered along with racism, sexism, disability rights etc. is not
a bad idea.  A more formal way to put it is that oppression occurs
along certain axis. Class is one. Kinship is another (including
gender, homophobia, cross-gender, transgender ect. ). Culture is
another (i.e. race, nation,  etc.) .  Why automatically assume that
class oppression is the base, and all other axis of oppression are
superstructure? Why not consider them all of equal abstract
importance, and decide actual relative strategic importance based  the
best analysis you can make of the facts at a given moment?

--
Gar W. Lipow
815 Dundee RD NW