On 25 Sep 00, at 11:21, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am not surprised, but I am disappointed, to find Louis falling in with the defense
>of the Milosovic regime, even to comparing it with the Sandinistas, whose mistakes
>were at least part of a policy of promoting a government policy intendedto promote
>the welfare of ordinary Nicaraguans, rather
than, as with Milosovic and his cronies, a nationalist and chauvinist Greater Serbia.
Louis hangs his defense on the idea that M has preserved state property, but this
degenerated version of the Trotskyist degenerated worker state argument won't wash, if
it ever did.

I have to agree with Louis.  Justin does not seem to be informed
about what really went on in Yugoslavia before or since the NATO
intervention.  I would suggest he do a little research before coming
up with such clangers.  He might try reading Michael
Chossuvdovsky's _The Globalization of Poverty_ and Scott
Gordon's _INAD: Images of War in Kosovo and Yugoslavia_ to get
the background facts correct rather than repeating NATO
propaganda.

Paul Phillips,
Economics,
University of Manitoba,