Michael Perelman wrote:

>I don't see the inconsistency.  Massive waves of downsizing
>eliminated lots of good
>jobs (instability).  Later, those that could clung to their good
>jobs.  The second
>stage may not represent instability, but it does not reflect any
>progress either.

The glass is always half empty.

CB: Take the approach that the glass is half full, fuller than 20 years ago. What is
your implication ? That there is something new to capitalism that is on its way to
making the glass all of the way full ?  That the processes that have made the glass
half-full indicate there is a new capitalism, unlike that which has existed for 200
years ? So what if the glass is half-full ? Why are you urging optimism about
capitalism in general based on the current expansion ?