Lou, both seem to have been investigating the origins of capitalism, without
saying that external factors were not important.  They were just exploring the
importance of one side of the equation, even saying that they gave it the
primary role; but not excluding slavery.  If I read this wrong, please let me
know where they made their assertion.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department