At 09:34 PM 12/4/00 +0000, you wrote:
>entrepreneurship =df creation of new needsa nd ways to satisfy them.

this is an unconventional definition of entrepreneurship, using an
unconventional definition of needs. As I've said, unconventional
definitions are fine, as long as you make them clear. I didn't see clear
definitions.

(((((((((((

CB: On a related topic, another reason that the notion that more and more needs, in an
ever growing way like GDP, is not necessarily only standard to measure improvement of
standard of living: the fulfillment or consumption of many needs takes long tracks of
time. It takes time to listen to a symphony, attend a party , dance and sing, or to go
fishing, to build a car, or to eat a decent meal, or to enjoy a beautiful sunset, or
to grow a garden , to play games in sports, to learn a science, to care for a child.
There is only so much time in a day or a lifetime. With an evergrowing , unlimited
proliferation of needs, eventually there will not be enough time to properly consume
all the needs except in some instantaneous, empty sense: there will only be fast
foods, not slow feastly dinners. Instantaneous consumption is not necessarily the
highest quality consumption. The total quantity of needs can affect the individual
qualitity of needs.