Doyle:

>One time it is naked women that
>sells the products.  The next minute Men are supposed to have 12 inch dicks.
>Abs like a washboard.

When male & female incomes & wealths become more equalized, perhaps
we'll see more male images selling commodities than today.  So far,
gendered income & wealth inequality has become smaller but has not
been eliminated.  To the extent that inequality remains, there
continue to exist gender gaps in purchasing power, which creates
sexist representation.  Also, to the extent that men dominate
artistic production at the high & low end, be it painting,
photography, cinema, videography, etc, we are subjected to
representation that replicates real-world sexism.

To put it differently, both on the supply side & the demand side,
inequality remains, framing representation with predictable sexist
results.

We can see a more drastic inequality when we consider inequality
between classes & nations.  We see rich men from rich countries (the
USA, Germany, Japan, etc.) buying sex services in poor countries
(like Thailand, the Philippines, etc.); we don't see Thai, Filipina,
and other women buying sex services from American, Japanese, German,
and other male sex workers.  The same goes for porn production &
consumption.

>Let's take what Rob brought up, men are to some extent producing similar
>sorts of attentional products for some consumer market.  What's to stop the
>capitalist from lifting that labor off men and women and investing that into
>an automated process of producing an attentional structure to sell to people
>for human brain work.

When _modelling_ for porn is purified of human labor, as in the case
of Anime Porn, gender inequality seems to become more pronounced.
Compare porn with human actors with Anime Porn without human actors;
in the latter you see a much more radically sexist representation
with the implied gaze of the straight male.

Yoshie