Neither of these are conservative "analyses" of the California energy
crisis.  Each is an off-the-top-of-the-head rant that could be written by any
right-leaning neophyte.

    For a REALLY conservative analysis see the work of Univ. of Chicago
economist Lester Telser.  I quite agree with his analysis that electric power
must be regulated or publically-owned, otherwise cooperation (collusion)
among the producers is required for efficiency.  See my paper for extensive
quotes and citations.  And Professor Telser was kind enough to tell me that I
had gotten him correctly.

    Gene Coyle